Friday, January 17, 2014

Oil pulling day one

Back in college I did the yoga track, complete with weird cleansing rituals. Know what? I never felt better. Then I put aside all those cleansing rituals for modern medicine while I was a paramedic. Know what? I never felt worse.
I never got into the oil pulling because I always though my trusty bottle of Listerine was better. Now that I'm trying to go back to crunchiness...I'm not so sure I'm doing everything I can for my health. Pinterest had some fancy slides and pictures listing all the benefits of oil pulling...but I'm just going to stick with my benefits and what it does for me.

First...I took a small spoonful of organic coconut oil and swished in it my mouth for 10 min. It wasn't easy to relax my jaw that whole time, but I persevered.
Then I spit it out in the trash...what did I feel...my mouth is not as sticky as it is in the morning. And my coffee tastes better. That's two wins for me. I will see how this goes.
I don't have anyway benefits yet besides those two.

Benefit:
My mouth feels less sticky.
Coffee tastes better.


Yay! A new venture!

No comments:

Post a Comment